Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Crash Publications, Inc.

I have a new project in the making: "The Hanley Falls Nuclear War: The New Threat."

I've been working on this for a while, probably got about 100 pages written.  This new story, is actually Part 6 in the long line, even though I only had Parts 1 and 2 written, back when I was a sophomore in high school (a LONG time ago).

I decided to fire this up again.  I already told Mike all about it, how it's going to come together, and eventually come apart.  Sometimes I have to give myself a little punch in the shoulder because some of what I write is so damn good!  It's set in Wood Lake, in the ruins of Hanley Falls, and Mike's old house with his parents which is now the STUDS Headquarters.  It's long, it's elaborate, and I really don't want to give too much away.

DRAMATIS  PERSONAE
 
General Michael Timm, STUDS Army, Joint Chief of Staff Chairman (Ret.)
General Robb Sneller, STUDS Marines, Joint Chief of Staff (Ret.)
General Sean Brovold, STUDS Air Force, Joint Chief of Staff (Ret.)
Admiral Anthony "Tony" Eye, STUDS Navy, Joint Chief of Staff (Ret.)
Colonel Shane Hubbard, STUDS Security
Bryan Schrupp, civilian
... and other supporting characters, like wives, girlfriends, etc.
 
All of our parents are dead from previous altercations (sometime in Part 3, although never written) and Mike's brother Kevin is dead, along with my brother Dan, who both died in the beginning of Part 2 (sidenote: what really pisses me off is that I had written Parts 1 and 2, but I cannot find them, anywhere!).
 
Inspiration?  Who knows.  Back in high school us guys were all in a huge, creative stage in our lives.  Mike and Robb wrote "Westward Bound," a story of a group of wagons heading west from Minnesota.  It was probably the most humourous piece I've ever read -- especially when Rob Velde gets his nuts bitten off by a squirrel (when squatting to take a dump).
 
Now days, I'll write stuff down when I can.  Mike, on the other hand, is more of the poet.  He used to go by the pseudoname, "Whiskey Wolf," then it was "Sir Michael Wallace," but I haven't heard much from him in a while.  I'm trying to carry on the tradition of story writing, and just maybe it'll make it to book form someday.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Word!

I have many sub-plots to the story, including a rift between Adm. Eye and Gen. Sneller, due to something that has happened in the past. Will it all come together in the story? Find out!

Also, somebody dies. So sad, think I'm gonna cry. No, it's pretty depressing though, kind of makes the story more emotional in a way.

I'll have to start writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home