Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Fantasy Football -- Crap!

Michael Bennett's hurt going into Week 1 of the regular season, a game vs. the Cowboys. Maybe it's for the better, since the Cowboys had the top-rated defense in 2003.

So, I'm looking for new guys now and all the good ones are gone. My reserve is Jerome Bettis, but I'm a little skeptical about him. He's not the starter anymore (behine Duce Staley), but I'm hoping once the Steelers get inside the Red Zone, they'll pound some scores in with The Bus.

I'm looking through some of the status' of my players on Yahoo!, and most of them are gimpy. Besides Bennett, Michael Vick has a tight hamstring, reserve WR Tyrone Calico is banged up, TE Jeremy Shockey is "questionable" for his opener, and WR Peter Warrick is coming off knee surgery but plans to play.

For crying out loud -- this is not what I needed! Top priority: find a RB to replace Bennett for Week 1, and that might mean letting Jerome Bettis go. If I cannot find someone better, Bettis will probably get the start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home