Tuesday, September 06, 2005

"I Would Like To Begin By Saying 'Thank You...'"

To quote Mike from a recent e-mail: "NCAA is the sweetest game, ever."

Damn right it is. I've been saying it for years, first playing it on the PSOne when I bought NCAA Football 2001. Madden's not even a blip on my radar.

My created player just recently won the Heisman Trophy after his senior year, with an impressive 136 receptions, 2492 receiving yards, and 35 touchdowns. This was a pretty good follow up season from the junior year, in which I finished 2nd in the Heisman Trophy balloting.

My character started out slow, due to a hugely impressive rushing attack that seen one running back gain over 7,500 yards in two seasons. After he left after his junior year (thank God!), the passing attack was in full bloom.

My team (obviously), the University of Michigan Wolverines, made 4 straight bowl appearances with 4 straight wins, including 2 National Championships during my junior and senior seasons. The junior year, the victim was USC, while the senior year, Nebraska fell to defeat.

But my dude's trophy case is an impressive one -- leaving without a doubt that he'd be the #1 overall draft pick if I had decided to send him to the NFL (I instead signed a 3-year deal to coach the Wolverines). Some of my characters awards are as follows:
  • 2005: Freshman All-American
  • 2005: 2nd Team All-Big Ten
  • 2007: 1st Team All-American
  • 2007: 1st Team All-Big Ten
  • 2007: Maxwell Award (best offensive player)
  • 2007: Best WR
  • 2008: 1st Team All-American
  • 2008: 1st Team All-Big Ten
  • 2008: Heisman Trophy
  • 2008: Maxwell Award
  • 2008: Best WR

Besides setting records, my created player also dominated the receiving record books.

Dynasty Records -- Season

  • Receiving yards: 2492 yards, set in 2008.
  • Receiving touchdowns: 35, set in 2008.

Dynasty Records -- Career

  • Receptions: 401, (2005-2008).
  • Receiving yards: 6494, (2005-2008).
  • Receiving touchdowns: 84 (2005-2008).

School Records

  • Receptions, Game: 16.
  • Receptions, Season, 136.
  • Receptions, Career, 401.
  • Receiving yards, Game: 308.
  • Receiving yards, Season: 2492.
  • Receiving yards, Career: 6494.
  • Receiving touchdowns, Game: 5.
  • Receiving touchdowns, Season: 35.
  • Receiving touchdowns, Career: 84.

The only real receiving record that I did not break was receptions in a single season, which sit at 143 receptions. Oh, well. Still dominant, I might say!

Now, my career is focused on my coaching career at Michigan. Without a doubt, I'll probably win 3 straight National Championships, then probably move on to some dumpy ol' team and bring them out of oblivion.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup I've been playing a little Troy State action on the NCAA 2006 fer the Xbox. I've only had time to play a few games of my first season. I do like how the crowd chants "Troy ! Troy!" at home games :).

Turkish

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tony
Just wanted to ask if you like the ass whoopin that Michigan took at the hands of the mighty Notre Dame. They are just too much for the big house to take down I guess, sucks to be them, Irishman, drink and be merry
Robbo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home