Thursday, July 29, 2004

NCAA Football 2005 -- Update

I've put some more rosters into the game, finishing the Big Ten and moving into some of the teams who finished on the Top 25.  It's a time-consuming process, but I've got the time until Madden 2005 comes out on August 10.

How do I play the game?  Well, when I'm actually playing as Michigan on defense, I don't even control a player.  It's all up to the computer, so it can be a bit more realistic and not just have one guy (the player that I'm controlling) rack up all the stats.  I like to even things out, see how players match up against each other, whether it is pure ability or even just the statistics.  With that, then it's more valid when a player gets drafted in Madden 2005, adding to the realism.

Also, when I have a really quick return man on the kicks and punts, I don't even bother returning the ball myself.  I let the computer take over, so he'll be tackled more easily and I'll have a huge field in front of me to chalk up some yards.  Otherwise, I'll be returning the ball a long distance, and my offensive numbers after the game are going to be nothing.  I'm a stats man (goes back to those Tecmo days).

I rarely run the option, although I should!  I used to run it non-stop in NCAA Football 2003 on the GameCube, since I had one of the fastest quarterbacks in the nation.  The Triple Option is a huge play -- you can either hand it off to the fullback for yardage up the middle, have the quarterback keep the ball, pitch it to the halfback, or even drop back and pass it.  It's simply deadly!  Lately though, I've been huge on the passing game, although my wide receivers aren't worth a shit.  Hopefully when the next season rolls around, their abilities will increase and dropped balls will be a problem of the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home