Friday, August 06, 2004

Movie Watching

At work, a few guys I know usually have a "DVD swap meet" to trade movies and such. Since I have a pretty large collection, they usually want to watch some of my movies and I get a little taste about what they like. I usually have my judgements on certain movies through some of the teasers on TV, but I take my chances.

Last weekend, I watched "Eurotrip," which was supposed to be like "Road Trip" in a way, but it was worse. Also, I took a gander at "The Transporter" and "Brotherhood of the Wolf." "The Transporter" was a great action flick, although the dialogue was pretty poor. The reason why I like this movie was all because of Jason Statham, the lead actor. You've probably seen him movies like "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels," "Snatch," and "The Italian Job." He's just a great guy to watch.

"Brotherhood of the Wolf," on the other hand, was simply a beautifully made movie. I loved of the camera techinques, like the sudden speeding-up of the film and the sudden slow-motion of the action. The story was simply suburb. At first, I was all confused, then it just came together in this one moment and I simply loved it.

Another movie that I have to give mention to: "Once Upon a Time in the West." This is an old spaghetti western, directed by Sergio Leone. He also did "A Fistful of Dollars," "For a Few Dollars More," and "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly." Leone's work in "West" was unexplainable. I never was a fan of the westerns until I watched Leone's films. The characters were great, it has Charles Bronson and Jason Robards -- and the music to match the characters was something else!

I know that Mike is a fan of the western -- he actually wrote up a screenplay to be set in Wood Lake in a western fashion -- too bad we haven't seen it on camera yet! I highly recommend "West" to anyone who wants to see a great movie.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea, brotherhood of the wolf is a sweet ass movie! Yea, if I could get my movie making program to have worked I would have finished making my film, but almost destroyed my computer in the process. I was talking about that the other day with schrupp and couldn't help but think of some new ideas for the movie.

mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home