Monday, July 17, 2006

Two Week Sabbatical

Sorry, ladies and gents. Other matters have deterred me from posting in the last couple of weeks, but hopefully it'll all be "right as rain."

Just a few of the "good" highlights:
  • Softball: I played during the weekend of July 8 - 9 back in the Home Town for the annual co-ed softball tournament. Although I'm not a big fan of co-ed softball, I made the most of it. We only won 2 games out of 6, but in the end, I was sore as hell. My whole body was on fire for the couple of days after that. Despite not having played ball in over a year, I hit the ball fairly well. I pitched, of course, but I got rocked.
  • Golf: I even golfed last Saturday during a bachelor party. I haven't done that in a couple of years, but I managed to shoot a 50. It all could have been better except that I took an O.B. penalty on Hole #2 and got a 9. Hotter than hell!
  • Racing: Things are going fairly well, as I have maintained my 3rd position in the Nocturnal Adrenaline Cup Series with only a couple of races to go in the season. I won't be winning that championship, but hopefully I can fend off a late-season charge from the 4th-in-points racer. In the Midnight Thunder Truck Series, we ran at Talladega last Friday night and things went well until I was slammed from behind during a wreck-fest that had occured in front of me. I was even featured in a video that will be posted shortly at Sim500.com. I will provide the link so you can check it out -- it just shows me running the high groove and another truck blowing its engine right in front of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home