Thursday, August 26, 2004

Fantasy Football Draft -- Sunday!

A good buddy of mine here in the Madison-area, Rick, gave me a call last night and said he was setting up our Yahoo! Fantasy Football draft on Sunday. I was beginning to think that they were going to pass on Fantasy this year, since I haven't heard anything from anybody in a while.

Last year, it was a blast. I had a pretty good team, hanging around in the Top 5 (out of 10 teams) for the first half of the season, then I started to dwindle a little bit. I ended up finishing 9th overall, which was fairly disappointing considering that I had the NFL co-MVP's of Peyton Manning and Steve McNair, a strong rushing game from Ahman Green and tight end Tony Gonzales. The thing that hurt me was a poor receiving corp and not a deep backfield to back-up Green.

This upcoming weekend, I'm going to do LOTS of research and see who the top players of this year will be. Usually I pick up a Fantasy Football guide or two, read up and make my picks.

Results of the draft will be on here on next Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home