Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Madden 2005 Update

I have extended my record to an impressive 6-0, with wins over the Texans, Saints, and the Titans.

As an Owner, I'm happy! I've got the Metrodome to fill about 97% capacity and I'm pouring money into advertising. I've got a huge surplus of money and I'm looking to upgrade the Metrodome during the off-season. I'll probably wait until a couple of seasons to ask the city of Minneapolis for a new stadium for the dominant Vikings.

New issues! I was toying around with different starting running backs. I started Ontarrio Smith vs. the Texans and the Saints, which of course brought the backlash from Michael Bennett and Moe Williams, saying that they should start. Smith really didn't do a whole lot against the Texans, so I started Bennett in the second half and he managed to put up over 100 yards against a weak defense. But against the Saints, Smith had a breakout game, just barely clearing the 100 yard mark -- which I think is pretty impressive to have consecutive 100 yard rushing games since my rushing game is just plain awful. Bennett started against the Titans and found some success, rushing 17 times for 84 yards and a touchdown. He'll get the nod to face the Giants in Week 8.

Daunte and Randy Moss are having Pro Bowl years. Already, Daunte has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week twice in 7 weeks (including the bye week). I really haven't checked the stats, but Daunte is having a break-through year.

My punt returner sucks ass! Keenan Howry has already dropped three punts for fumbles, so I'm finally going to sit him down and put in Kelly Campbell to return.

Another nice feature that I have noticed in Madden 2005 that during Weeks 7, 11, and 17, the Owner can check a player's progression, meaning that a player depending upon his performance during the season, can have his attributes raised or lowered. After Week 7, a majority of my players have had their overall attribute raised a few points. The only bad guy -- Howry, who lost one point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home