Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Land of Suck, Part II

I'm glad that I'm heading out for a few days, because I sure need it, after what myself and the rest of 2nd shift went through last night.

First, we didn't have one worker because he was up in Roseau, Minnesota to help fix a fuck-up on our part with some Polaris skis that we had made. That was understandable, but then we lost another guy because he had some lame excuse that he had to baby-sit his younger sister (all the while he had other family members there who don't have jobs -- as far as I know), so the bullshit flag was waved on that one.

Then, the powder mixer on 1st shift defined the word "lazy." He didn't start on any powder whatsoever -- no black, no green. Green is easy to make, which takes about 30 minutes to get one full barrel ready, but he didn't start that until 4:30 p.m., and we start work at 3:00 p.m. As for black, that is the powder that is used for the majority of our parts. That powder takes 2 hours to mix, and we didn't get our first two barrels until 4:00 p.m. We usually go through 5 barrels a night -- so we didn't get done weighing our powder for the machines until 9:45 p.m., about 3 hours later than usual.

Simply a disaster! But I still have my patience, only one more week of this bullshit and I'm off the floor and I move on to my new job at the bogie wheel robot.

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will help cheer you up.

http://www.wagenschenke.ch/HomeRun.swf

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Tony said...

I wish I could understand German, but it looks pretty funky, trying to make a drunk walk straight.

I'll keep it in mind! Otherwise, maybe you're just saying that I should drink more and my problems will go away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home