Tuesday, September 07, 2004

My New Job

Let me begin to tell you what I relief it is to get off the floor. On the other hand, I do feel bad for letting them work out there with the lack of help, since now us college kids are on part-time and don't put in the full hours any longer.

The floor is a complete mess, while I'm off by myself, working on a couple things that aren't physically demanding. Some days, when the bogie robot is down, I help out a guy, Roger, with the ski drill machine. We drill and box for shipment over 400 skis a night, not too bad -- all the while we're hamming it up, telling stories about how stupid work is and just other stuff.

I also love my part time hours. 6 hours a night, so I'm home by 9 or 10 o' clock each night and I've got some time to get my homework done and spend time with Katie and the kitties. Since I'm off the floor now, I don't even get asked to come in on the weekends any more. I guess the company has decided to put in a couple of months of weekend work, asking some employees to work 12 hour days. Ridiculous! I'd rather watch my football and racing!

On the downside, I don't get as much money, of course -- and to make matters worse is that I still don't have my financial aid!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home