Monday, November 08, 2004

Fantasy Football Update -- Takin' the Loss

Unbelievable.

I knew I didn't have a chance to begin with, just by noticing some of my opponent's players' stats as they scrolled across the bottom of the screen on CBS.

Most of his players are already in double-digits, including huge games from Clinton Portis (who threw a touchdown pass) and Antonio Gates, the tight end from San Diego who caught 3 touchdown passes.

As for me, I was screwed over by a bye weeks, injuries, and simply not picking the right person to start. My biggest bone-head play of Week 9 was not selecting a defense. I already had Atlanta, which who was riding a bye week, but they had been solid for me. I decided to keep them rather than take a new defense -- so I benched Atlanta. The next best defense I could have selected was Pittsburgh, but they were playing Philadelphia. I got burned on that, a lot of hindsight -- as Pittsburgh only gave up 3 points to the previously-undefeated Eagles.

I decided to start Daniel Graham for the Patriots against the St. Louis Rams -- big mistake. Graham now has not caught a pass in two straight games. I benched Jeremy Shockey, who caught 6 passes for 64 yards and a touchdown in their loss to the Chicago Bears. There goes 18+ points.

As for injuries -- Randy Moss still isn't playing, Mewelde Moore is out with a sprained ankle. I'm benching Moss, dropped Moore from my roster and picked up Moe Williams (again).

Points going into the Monday Night game:

The Champs: 167.54
Nine Years: 71.52

Yes, my roster is filled with Colts and Vikings players, like Brandon Stokley, Ontarrio Smith, Moe Williams, Jermaine Wiggins, and Mike Vanderjagt. So I can make up a few points there -- but my opponent is starting Marcus Robinson and Dallas Clark. With Moss out, Robinson is going to be the go-to guy on the Culpepper passing attack. So, I basically screwed.

As far as the game goes -- a huge shootout. If there was ever a team with a worse pass defense than Minnesota, it's Indianapolis. We're probably going to see 70+ points scored in this game; Culpepper and Peyton Manning probably throwing 5 touchdown passes each.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home