Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Land of Suck, Part IV

Since the company that I work at started its unforgivable 12-hour days, 7 day a week run, the upper management didn't even think about the upcoming Easter holiday. Usually on regular weekends, two shifts would come in and put in their 12-hour days. Now, with Easter this Sunday, everybody wants to be at home with their families.

Ha ... that's what they think.

Upper management has decided that since they NEVER HAD TO DEAL with Easter before, they're not going to worry about it. Work will still be on the schedule for the Easter holiday.

Talk about a morale buster! Ever since the advent of the 12-hour day, people have been hired and quickly walked out due to the work-strain. Granted, I'm only part-time and I roughly put in 5-hour days so I cannot imagine what that is like. Even shift supervisors are considering walking out due to exhaustion.

I really do not see this 12-hour day to work much longer. Upper management tells them that they'll like it more and more as they experience it. My gut tells me that there's going to be a HUGE walk-out, or somebody's going to come in with guns blazin'. Especially with not having people having Easter off, that problem might happen.

But hey, I got a raise yesterday! A whole, whoppin' 23 cents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home