Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Fantasy Football Update -- Week 1

Since I'm participating in two leagues this fall, I'm a pretty busy person. Keeping up to date on how my players are doing, any major (or minor) injuries to be aware of, who are my players next opponents, etc., are all things that I have to keep in mind.

I've stated before, the Minnesota league is through Yahoo!, the South Dakota league is through ESPN. Right now, ESPN's server blows. I like it's set-ups (the whole three-division option) and it's accessibility to information regarding a player, but it's so bogged down that even right now, it's down. Already on our ESPN message board within our league, there have been a couple of complaints. Maybe next year, the South Dakota league will switch back to Yahoo!

Let's start with the Minnesota league.

I fell Week 1 to Eric, who right away has a pretty solid team. Eric's got both Randy Moss and Corey Dillon, who put up big points on that Thursday night game. Already, I was in a hole, but it wouldn't have mattered. Daunte Culpepper played like absolute poop as the Vikings offense couldn't get anything going at all. Either way, if Culpepper had a solid game, I probably wouldn't have won it due to a lack of consistency amongst my players.

Next week for Week 2, I've got Sean, who beat his brother Troy last week. Sean offered up to me a ridiculous trade offer before the start of Week 1. I cannot remember the players, but his reason was that my running backs (with the exception of Deuce McAllister) were back-ups. My back-ups, like T.J. Duckett and Tatum Bell did perform well, with Duckett scoring a TD against the Eagles. Sean, on paper, doesn't look like he's got an impressive team, but he can be surprising behind some of his superstars like Terrell Owens and Tony Gonzales.

I've noticed this week he's trying to be funny -- for a new feature within Yahoo! Fantasy Football, you can make your own picks for who's going to win against who. Sean is dumping all of his back-ups into the starting line-up, probably hoping so that others will brag up my team, making him the underdog. If Sean wins (assuming that he'll move his starters back in), he'll act all big. What a weiner.

In the ESPN (SD) league, I actually did win my first game from strong performances from Larry Johnson and Tom Brady. I wish I could provide more insight -- but the ESPN server is down!

Onto Week 2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home