Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Last of the Great Wedding Dances

It seems like the last of the Minnesota boys is finally hitched.

Last Saturday, I attended another celebratory wedding dance in honor of probably one of the nicest guys out there, Joe. Joe is a couple of years older than I am, but I have had the pleasure of knowing him through piano lessons (WAY back in the day) and summer softball.

The thing about Joe is that the guy had the hottest women from the area. Where he found them, I don't know -- but he was always hooked up with a pretty lady. It was no surprise to me to see that the woman Joe married -- mmm!

But it's all in good taste and in respect. Timmy-A was the best man, naturally, as Joe was the best man at Tim's wedding a few years back. I hadn't seen Tim in a LONG time, probaby since my own wedding last June.

Overall, the night was typical, at best. Since Katie was busy doing hair for all the ladies back in South Dakota for Prom, I joined Mike and Lacey prior to the night's festivities at their home. After a quick run to The Pop Shop, we hit a few up while Lacey was still getting ready -- all the while watching "old school" basketball videos from the Glory Days, as Mike was transferring his old VHS tapes to DVD.

After we were all rip-roarin' ready-to-go, we took a small jaunt over to visit Schrupp and his wife. I'm still amazed at how that go-to-party house became something extraordinary. It's nice, to say the least. After visiting and having a few more (with Mike's frequent bathroom breaks), we finally headed on over to the dance.

The minute we walked in, we were immediately run over by laughing drunks. So this party's kickin', I thought to myself.

Lots of people as usual, made the customary "hellos...", and hit up the bar. Since when did they start charging $3.50 for a Morgan/Coke? Geez...but at least they were stinky.

I spent most of my time socializing, talking to people who I haven't seen in a while. All during this time, people kept on buying me more drinks -- people are friendly, I guess -- so I was starting to feel pretty good. But after a few hours, there was the downfall -- I didn't eat anything for dinner, so I was riding an empty stomach. Not good.

Jarrod was actually DJ'ing the dance that night, and I will have to say, he did a pretty good job. Stevie-B was killer. Still has, still will (I still need copies of Stevie-B and 12 Gauge).

After a few dances, highlighted by Motley Crue's Kickstart My Heart, I was starting to feel like I did back during New Year's. I cut myself off early, fended off attacks by others to return to the floor, and just took it easy. To wrap it up nicely, Mike said, "I can't do this anymore..."

The dance was scheduled to end at 2 in the morning, but I think we left around 1:30. I was so bloody tired, Mike and Lacey dropped me off without getting my truck. Fine by me, I needed the sleep.

The next day -- kind of a pile day. A slight headache, but more than anything, just tired. It has been agreed upon, once a person gets older, slight things tend to end -- like hard-core partying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home