Monday, July 31, 2006

Looking Forward

After going through a "personal hell" in the months of June and July, things are looking much better for myself as I head into the month of August.

Things are sometimes much better being "said," instead of "written." If you do not know my whole complete situation, you will eventually know. I apologize for not letting some of you know what the whole deal-io is, but I needed the time to myself. As I said before, the months of June and July were not the best in the my life. Please be patient.

But I managed to finish off the month of July with a bang, managing to get a little softball in and much consumption of alcohol. It was a great time to hang out with some of my friends, the loyal of the loyal, to remind me that there are people out there who actually give a shit of who I actually am.

Despite the extremely hot and dry weather, I got some golfing in last Thursday during the 9th Annual "Asche Bash." Bloody hot, but damn, it's golf and it's freakin' fun. Especially when you're tuned by the 4th hole and the hot beer girls are sucking up to you to buy more alcohol. Of course, I have to oblige. Hell, we're putting these girls through college!

But the highlight of last weekend was the great concert that Timmy-A, Mike, and myself saw on Friday night -- a concert that consisted of the classic rock bands Styx, REO Speedwagon, and Starship. Starship and Styx, in my opinion, were great, but REO kind of sucked ass. Again, the weather was around 100 degrees with the humidity reaching 500%, so we were all nasty by concerts end. We didn't care, since the beer flowed from bottles ALL NIGHT LONG. Yeah, we were all pretty happy.

Some classic moments:
  • With the consumption of beer, there was numerous trips to the bathrooms and/or get a new beer. Mike was left along during the Styx set, so when I finally got back, Mike was going nuts. Apparently, the goofy-assed Styx keyboarder hauled this girl up on stage during their song "Lady," and wouldn't you know it -- this girl's skirt came right up, exposing everything. No panties. Yep. High-fives were passed around.
  • There was this drunken fool sitting in front of us all night long. The guy was like 45 years old. If you gave him a breathalyzer, I bet he would have tipped the .25 scales. Early in the night, he was saying some fucked up stuff. There was this younger guy sitting next to him and apparently, they knew each other. To summarize, this older drunken guy was proud of the younger guy seeing his 20-year old daughter's breasts. O-kaaaaay.
  • Later on (I didn't see this -- another beer run), the same older drunken guy kicked off one of his sandals towards the Styx stage, narrowly missing the keyboarder. A few seconds later, he said hell with it -- took his other sandal and threw it up on stage.
  • Timmy-A, on purpose, poured a Mike's Hard Lemonade over an older dude's head, an acquaintance of Timmy-A's dad from his insurance agency. The guy didn't think that was too funny -- he left in quite the hurry.
  • There was this smokin' hot blonde sitting across the aisle from us, one row back, three seats in (c'mon, she was hot -- I knew exactly where she was sitting). Anyway, she was giving Mike and I the ol' "fuck-me" eyes all night. She was there with her boyfriend, and after he started to notice that Mike and I was giving it right back at her, he took offense. He literally got mad at her (arguing at certain points during the concert) and then literally took the term "cock-blocking" in effect by moving his chair up and slouched forward, blocking our view at her. It was all in great fun.
  • I lost $10 playing slots. Timmy-A lost nearly $200 at the BJ tables.
  • The old-school quote from Robb (according to a videotape that Mike and I both have from our high school days): "How 'bout I poke her up the butt and call it even?!"

You may think: man ... Tony's using some harsh language! Well, the month of August is the last of the vacation I have before I hit up the school once again. Back to teaching. I might as well let loose a little bit with some immaturity. I've got nothing to lose.

Things coming up:

  • Softball tournaments. HomeTown, weekends of the 12th-13th and the 19th-20th.
  • Middle School Football. Starts on the 14th. I didn't know this until an 8th grader stopped by my house the other day and asked me about it. Typical.

Making up for the lost time .... TonyTimes is back.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that things haven't been going so well. Sometimes life just plain sucks :(. Things always seem to work out in the end though. You'll have to give me a call sometime when yer back in SoDak, we'll have to get the Red Team assembled for a few brews :).

Take care

Turkish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home