Monday, March 31, 2008

End-of-the-Month News

First things first: isn't it supposed to be spring?!

Sure enough, March 31st -- school was cancelled for the first time during the '07-'08 school year due to the weather. Before that, we probably had only two late starts. And with the bad weather, it renews my frustrations as spring sports kicks off once again and I'm preparing to field NINETEEN 7th grade baseball players this spring!

I'm extremely happy and pleased that I've got a large turnout this season (compared to last year's bunch) and things are working out quite well with this team. Why? Because they listen. It's almost night-and-day compared to some teams I've dealt with in the past. The only frustrating thing is trying to find the space to practice. With all this wet weather we've been getting, the fields are still quite wet to practice on, so besides my team, I'm competing with all the varsity sports (baseball, softball, track, and boy's tennis) for some gym space. But I came up with an idea to push practice back to 5:00 p.m. when some of the teams are finally getting out of the gym. It's been working out great. Our first game is on April 14.

Our 4th Quarter of the school year begins today, so that means 9 more weeks of school until I'm going to finish up my career here. I've got my applications in order, but I haven't mailed them out quite yet.

More on this later!

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tony:

Do you ever answer email? Your South Dakota friends have not heard you in a while and are just wondering how you are doing.

Jewett

 

Post a Comment

<< Home