Friday, February 22, 2008

Sinking In

Today, it just wasn't the best day-of-days for me some reason. Maybe it was the fact that I had "one too many" at the bowling alley last night and struggled for some sleep.

Early this morning, I was taken aback from all the unexpected attention regarding my resignation. I thinking that it wasn't a sudden action on my part and it really was no secret of my leaving the district at the conclusion of the school year. Turning in my resignation on Tuesday, it was already in the local newspaper on Thursday. My, how news moves quickly!

A couple of faculty approached me and expressed their concern over the fact that I'm leaving, including a few students who had noticed it in the paper. "Why this .... why that...," I'm hearing. It's tough to explain the story in a few short sentences and all I could say was that it is a licensing issue.

It's nice to hear that people are actually acknowledging the fact that I won't be there for the next school year, saying "good luck" and so on, but I just wished it wasn't such a big deal. I was just kind of hoping of "riding off into the sunset," so to speak, leaving on my own terms without all the attention.

Now, with it being in the newspaper, it's setting itself up for more attention and soon I'm just going to get wore out from all of it. When I get wore out, I get a little ornery, but I figured if I've made it this far, I can make it just a little bit further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home