Monday, August 09, 2004

A Great Surprise

As my trip to Michigan nears for the NASCAR race, my uncle Al filled me in about what exactly we are going to do while we are there.

I had always had the impression that we were only going to see the Nextel Cup race on Sunday, but there's more. Apparently, I get to see the Bud Pole Qualifying on Friday, the Cabelas 250 Busch Grand National race on Saturday, and then finally, the Cup race on Sunday. I damn near crapped in my pants. On top of that, we've got a couple of pit passes, in which Al and I (since we're over the age of 18), can roam the pits during qualifying. I'm just praying now for great weather that weekend!

On top of all of that, we're shacking up in Ann Arbor, home of the University of Michigan Wolverines. I at least get to see Michigan Stadium, which will be kick-ass, although I won't be able to see inside of it.

Yeah, I'm fired up. Just have to take a couple of days off work (Thursday, Friday, and Monday) and I'm good to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home