Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Fantasy Football Update

I'm up at odds right now over my running back situation. The season officially starts on Thursday night, but I need running backs for Sunday's games.

Word had it that while Michael Bennett is out for Week 1, Ontarrio Smith would get to play, although he faces a 4-game suspension from the NFL over its substance use policy. Rumors had it that Smith would start, so I dropped Jerome Bettis and picked up Smith.

Now, Coach Mike Tice says that Moe Williams will start for the Vikings and Smith's "availability" is in the air. For crying out loud! Although the Star Tribune says that Smith will get the majority of the carries -- eh, I just don't know. I don't have a back-up running back (besides Bennett), so I just might take one in the butt for Week 1. Hopefully my other guys, like Michael Vick, Tom Brady, and Randy Moss will take over big time and get me a lot of points.

Other news -- my tight end Jeremy Shockey is good to go! He was battling hamstring and foot problems throughout the pre-season (he didn't play in any of those games) but he's good to play in the opener vs. Philadelphia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home