Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Fantasy Football -- Lelie vs. Elam

Monday Night Football was pretty stressful for me to watch, considering I add Ashley Lelie to chalk up some points for me -- and my opponent had Jason Elam as his kicker.

Obviously, I had the upper hand. Lelie is a starting wide-out along with Rod Smith on the Broncos offense. I listened to the first half of the game on the radio at work, and all I heard was that Lelie was dropping balls, including a huge 40+ yard gain that was reviewed and overturned. I also later found out that Smith scored the only touchdown of the night for the Broncos, so I had to worry a bit. Elam kicked the extra point, then later nailed a short field goal.

It wasn't until after the game when I saw the stats that Lelie had 6 catches for 82 yards. Enough for me to get the win!

I ended up winning 132.06 to 124.50. This improves my record to 4-3 and I'm currently 4th in the league of 12. I'm currently riding a 3-game winning streak -- making my presence known!

Next week for Week 8, I'm up against another 4-3 team -- but this time, my opponent has Daunte Culpepper as his quarterback. I'll need huge outputs from my players to make up for what Daunte can do, although the Vikings are playing the Giants. My opponent has some great players, but lucky for me, 4 out his starters are out for bye weeks, so he'll be scrambling to pick up some key players from an already strapped available roster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home