Monday, October 25, 2004

Oog...What a Night...

On Saturday, I headed home to Minnesota.

What I was supposed to get done was done -- I was supposed to get a family and friends list together for the wedding invitations, just to see what kind of number I was going to deal with. My mom had already taken care of it, so I just looked and over and it was fine.

Then Dad has this brillant idea of "cleaning out the barn." He is going to throw a party up in the old hay loft for Halloween, so he wanted to make it look "clean." So, I ended up sweeping out the whole barn -- kicked back a few beers -- played with Cody, and then showered.

All was well, up to this point.

I ran (or drove) into Hanley to see what was what ... Mike was washing the dishes and jammin' out to some old school Beatles action. Sean and Tami were on their way into town, already deciding to head to Marshall to go bowling. Thus, the fun begins.

We get down there and all the lanes were packed, so we pimped out in the lounge area and played video bowling for an hour or two, in the meantime we were drinking pitcher after pitcher of tap beer.

Mind you, tap beer + Tony = CRAP.

We finally got on a lane at around 10:30 p.m. and bowled, and bowled, and bowled. Did I mention that we still kept drinking?

It was about Midnight when I actually started to gag from drinking, so I pretty had enough of that. I was three sheets to the wind -- dancing like a fool, cocking off to Mike and Sean -- and not coming close to my normal 200 average.

On our way back from Marshall, it was decided that a "road trip" would be the plans that night. Stopped in Wood Lake (wink, wink) and drove, and drove, and drove. Okay, I was literally sleeping half the time in the back seat, dozing on and off and listening to loud music and singing when I could.

I simply could not keep up. With the week I had last week, I was simply burned out. The minutes clicked by and I started to rebel.

"Take me home ..." said Tony, wearily.

Did they? Nah.

Mike and Sean pissed off some bridge and Lacey -- being drunk that she was -- took control of the car and drove off, leaving Mike and Sean with their ***** in the wind and off we went. She later turned around and picked them up, then it seems all hell broke loose.

Since it was around 3:00 a.m. by this time, people were coming off their buzzes and basically we were all going for the jugular. F-Bombs left and right, and Sean! He was on the money with his one-liners, then he would change the subject without taking a breath. Mike and I were in tears, but I cannot tell you what Sean said because WE SIMPLY DO NOT REMEMBER!!

Other extracurricular activities occurred (unmentionable, but not "naughty"), and finally after Lacey almost put us in the ditch twice -- we finally got back to Hanley and I wearily drug myself to my truck and left. Finally in bed at around 3:45 a.m. -- the latest I've been out in years.

I was still feeling it -- the tap beer was not agreeing with me. I did not vomit, didn't want to -- but when I woke up around 11:00 that next morning, my knees were literally shaking and I was simply (now here's a South Dakotan term) a pile. I made some last minute adjustments to my fantasy team before the Vikings played and flipped back and forth between the game and the race at Martinsville.

It was slow moving all day -- I stopped in Hanley to say my good-byes to Mike and Lacey, and they weren't much better. They were also slow moving, cannot blame them! I had to get back to Mad-Town to get some stuff done, since I had to teach a lesson this morning at 8:00. That went well, although I ran out of time.

But, I'm still sore, dog-tired. Ah, the life of being me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home