Friday, October 22, 2004

Heading Home to Minnesota

Yep, heading back this Saturday to take care of a few things while I'm there:
  • Deer license
  • Family and friends list for the wedding
  • Drink some beer

Although Michigan plays Purdue in West Lafayette, I'm willing to pass that game up. But, it's the start of the 2004 World Series, as Game 1 will be played in Boston. Fun, fun, fun!

I will also be Kate-less, since she will be on her way to Sioux Falls to look at bridesmaid dresses. Like I've said before, she is on the ball with this whole wedding thing. She's leaning towards pink and she had the guts to ask me last night if my groomsmen would like to have pink vests.

"Are you crazy?" I asked.

"Well, you will be wearing a white vest." Katie replied.

"I will not let my groomsmen suffer! They are not wearing pink!" I exclaimed.

I'm thinking silver vest for my guys. No long-tail tuxes either -- makes your butt look big.

Katie is still up in the air about how many bridesmaids and groomsmen we should have. Of course, we'll have the best man and the maid of honor -- how many more? We're leaning towards three, with four ushers.

My brother Dan is penciled in as my best man (haven't asked him yet), and Katie's two younger brothers will serve as ushers. After Katie decides how many people we want in the wedding party, I guess I'll have to make my decision.

I really haven't thought about it much. I do not want to offend anyone -- with me picking some people and having other friends say, "I'm more of a friend to Tony than he his," and all that crap. I've seen it before in other weddings and that kind of talk makes me sick.

I've been in weddings before and I've been to friend's weddings in which I was not a groomsman or an usher. To me, it's no big deal. To others, I think they just want to be in the spotlight. For heaven's sakes ... it's a wedding!

Whoever I choose to stand with me at the altar of my wedding, I want people who have meant a lot in my life, people who have made an impact in the way I live it. I just want them to know and to realize that they are special people ... so I can look back and say, "He's my friend, he was in our wedding."

Anyway, to you Minnesota guys -- if you got nothing going on, give me a holler on the cell phone. We can probably kick back and do whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home