Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Unemployment Line

It seems like I was up shit-creek when I found out that I was being laid-off from work due to changes in the products that we were manufacturing. After I had told Katie, I thought she was going to have a nervous breakdown, especially with the wedding coming up in June and our tight budget.

Well, I've got an option. Although I do not agree with our current welfare system, I'm going to get unemployment pay for the next couple of months until they hire me again in January. One of the main requirements to get unemployment benefits is that I have to look for work each week, unless I have a definite re-call date. It's all confusing.

We do have a definite re-call date, but it's only part-time. According to my HR director, I will be receiving benefits. Questions, questions, question. At least here in Mad-Town they have a South Dakota One-Stop Career Shop where I can go in and find out what the hell is going on.

On the other hand, this lay-off is sort of like a God-send, where I can actually get lots of my things accomplished for school, since I'll have plenty of time to do it all in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home