Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Hot (Cul)Pepper, Plus a Fantasy Update

"At his current pace (18 TDs and 1,766 yards through five games) -- yeah, we know, that word again -- Culpepper would finish with 432 completions in 598 attempts for 5,651 yards and an astronomical 58 touchdown passes. That would break NFL marks for completions (Rich Gannon, 418, in 2002); passing yards (5,084 by Dan Marino in 1984); and touchdown passes (Marino, 48, also in '84). 'I've never, in all my years in the league, seen a quarterback as hot as he is right now,' conceded New Orleans 13-year cornerback Ashley Ambrose."

-- Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com.

Yeah, Daunte's on steriods. No question about it. That's why I'm lucky enough to pick up Minnesota players for my Fantasy team.

Looking forward to Week 7, Randy Moss is hurting with a strained hamstring, so he's listed as questionable. I do have back-ups in Brandon Stokley or Ashley Lelie (Marcus Robinson and Nate Burleson are already taken), so it'll be a game-time decision for me and see what's up.

A huge tight-end question ... I picked up Jermaine Wiggins from the Vikings to start for me last week because Jeremy Shockey of the Giants had a bye week. Wiggins ripped it up, catching two touchdowns. Do I have some trade value in Shockey? Who should I start? As it seems right now, Wiggins should get the nod, because of Culpepper's insane play.

Another question is yet again, my running back situation. Mewelde Moore is getting the start against the Titans in Week 7, Michael Bennett should be good to go (although I no longer have him) and I do have Moe Williams as a back-up. I'm debating whether or not that I should start both Moore and Williams. I will not get as many points, but again, I'm playing the 11th ranked team in our league. After the Titans game, I'm considering of picking up Ontarrio Smith again, just for depth, although he'll still have one more game left on his suspension.

There are not too many good running backs left in our league, so it's a little stretched to find a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home