Sunday, November 28, 2004

The LONG Week

I had decided to take a week-long sabbatical, I guess I really do not know why. I guess it is the fact that everything is crashing down upon me -- as it seems like -- as things are finally catching up with me, like OLD AGE.

With the holidays, middle school work, and other assignments that I still have to complete, I'm starting to shrink under all the pressure. I generally do much better under pressure, but this time it seems like I'm starting to get disoriented and I do not know what to do. It's probably the fact that I am currently unemployed and I'm not really getting my fat paychecks any longer -- just a weak "pity you" check from the state of South Dakota.

Then I look back on my week -- it was fairly easy. I only had to go to the middle school on Monday, played badminton in class on Tuesday, and pretty much did not have anything to do on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. I kept promising myself that I have to get some work done -- but the ol' PS2 took over priority, as I finally finished GTA: San Andreas and am now currently playing MVP Baseball and NASCAR.

Thanksgiving -- it's a great holiday. Even though Katie's overall family puts mine to shame (like 30 people in one house), the food was great, almost to a point that I ate too much, too fast, that I thought I was going to be sick. The football games on that day were boring, except that my fantasy wide receiver Brandon Stokley had 3 touchdown receptions.

Friday was my crash day. I was crabby, ornery, what-have-ya. I just did not want to do anything. I did not want to be around anybody, even Katie. We got into a mini-fight over the telephone that day about her family wanting to go to Sioux Falls to shop. For one, the day after Thanksgiving is nuts, wherever you shop. I did not want a part of it -- and this is coming off from paying the local co-op over $300 in propane just to heat the house for the winter. Yeah, not in the best of moods.

So I sat at home, ate leftover ham from the day before, and watched "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" and the all-time classic, "A Christmas Story." Oh, and I watched "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers", both extended versions back-to-back that day. I'm gearing up for the extended edition release of "The Return of the King" in December.

To top it all off -- I'm currently writing this in Minnesota. I came back with Katie yesterday for a wedding in my home town. The reception was in Wood Lake -- and just for the special occasion, I purchased some Captain Morgan Private Stock, some smooth-smackin' rum. For a .750 mL, it's $20 in South Dakota. Today, I've noticed that it's 3/4 gone and yes, I'm a little shaky today. I had lots of fun at the dance, talked to people I haven't seen in years. It's nice to play "catch-up" with certain people, but I'll always remember how big of an asshole that certain person(s) was back in high school.

Well, I'm going to wrap this bugger up. I'll go into more detail on other events later on next week -- I will make the time to post some more stuff. I'm working on my fantasy team for today's games right now.

Also -- I'll probably be back in Minnesota NEXT weekend -- parents are away, farm house to myself, it could be a party time. I'll let ya know later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home