Thursday, November 18, 2004

Middle School Madness

Oh, for crying out loud. I damn near forgot what junior high is like -- it's basically hell.

Brett and I are "team teaching" at the Mad-Town middle school, observing a class of 8th graders. Our first day was yesterday morning. Already, I've got a list of kids who I would love to smack up-side the head. Like Brett said, "I would like to take the computer monitor and smash it over their heads."

Eh, it's not that bad. They're learning MS Access in one class, MS FrontPage in the other ... and this stuff is really "beginner". The teacher is an ex-Blue Teamer from here and she handles the class pretty well.

Then, she throws the monkey-wrench into our world.

She's going to be gone on Friday, so basically Brett and I are going to be the substitutes for the class. Oh, dear Lord. On top of that, our computer education methods instructor is coming in to observe how we teach -- talk about stressful.

It should be gravy -- not a whole lot to worry about. We just need our 24+ hours and we're done. Tomorrow should be a busy day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home