Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Easter Wrap-Up

I'm still fighting the effects from a Saturday Night outing in Minnesota.

I never have really gotten the opportunity to recover, or at least sleep in, during my stay back in the home state. On Friday, although I didn't have to teach that day, I had gotten up early to return a leather jacket in Sioux Falls, then I worked much of the night.

On Saturday, Katie and I drove up to Watertown to pick up a few bridesmaid dresses and got the tuxs ordered and ready to go. Afterwards, we drove to Minnesota. Then, the fun began.

Katie was anxious to give Lacey her bridesmaid dress, so we stopped by. While there, Mike and his younger brother Kevin were busy with their career in the new boxing installment from EA Sports called "Fight Night Round 2." A mighty great game, especially when your boxer is maxed out and giving his opponent haymakers left and right.

One moment in particular that I really enjoyed was when (I cannot remember who was fighting -- Mike or Kev) but one of the guys knocked a guy down to his knees and he continually threw punches at the poor guy's head. He probably took three or four more shots before he finally fell -- and the replay was hilarious. A classic moment -- reminiscent of Ray Mercer kicking the crap out of Tommy Morrison a few years back.

As the night wore on, I was feeling a little sleepy, but Katie and Lacey were rip-roarin'-ready-to-go. We both knew that we had to be up early Sunday morning in time for Easter services (7:00 a.m.), so we decided that we would not stay too long in Granite Falls so we could be in bed early.

Yeah, right.

The minute we stepped into the Legion, it was a bee-line towards the bar. Jarrod, a good ol' friend of ours, we also there to help celebrate his mother's 50th birthday. Karoke was going hard that night -- and after a few Miller Lites, it was time to sing.

Katie and I finally didn't get out of there until midnight, where we immediately headed home for some much-needed sleep. We knew with church at 7:00 in the morning, we were still in it for the long haul towards the Twin Cities to see family.

Getting out of head at 5:45 wasn't the hard part, staying awake in church was. The service lasted about an hour and a half. Then, it was make-way for the Cities.

Blah, blah, blah. Eat, eat, and more eating -- plus my brother Dan blastin' his ass left and right causing us to gag.

On the way home, I took a little cat-nap, but was suddenly awakened from Dan's butthole once again.

At least we stayed until Monday, where Katie and I both got some sleep. But Monday was an odd day -- I really didn't feel that all too well. We didn't take off for South Dakota until mid-afternoon and already I had work to do. I had to start preparing for Tuesday's lessons for school.

Overall, an exhausting trip. I really didn't much done that I wanted to while I was at home (grading papers, other business) and my problems were still there in South Dakota when I returned.

Now, my focus is back on school, getting my crediential files in order to send out to prospective schools in the area to see if I can get a job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home