Wednesday, March 30, 2005

MVP '05

With the new influx of spring video games, I had to take up on the offer for my love of baseball to get EA Sports' MVP 2005.

It was either that or Fight Night Round 2 after an impressive viewing at Mike's house. Although I do have a love for boxing -- MVP sounded better, for now. Especially when EA Sports is selling it for $30 at Wal-Mart.

New, added options to MVP '05 really turned me to this game. I've only played one game in my (all-new) Owners Mode -- lost, 3-2 against the Mariners -- and I'm pretty impressed. This year, MVP includes not only the Triple-A and Double-A teams from last year, but Single-A teams as well. More ballparks, including the old Metropolitan Stadium where the Twins used to play (now the Mall of America) and your option to create your own stadium for your team to play in.

As soon as I get more playing time with this game, I should be diving deeper into the options that the game presents. But overall, I'm impressed with the improved graphics and body movements that the players present on the field.

Maybe I'll have to create "my boys" again from the old "Super Baseball Simulator 1.000" on the Super Nintendo. That'll be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home