Thursday, March 17, 2005

Spring Break

I'll tell ya, my spring break this year is tons o' fun!

Actually, I'm not really going anywhere. For the many, many years that I have spent in college, I have not ONCE left the country (or state) for a warmer climate. Canada -- as close as it is -- never even bothered going, although Winnipeg is a popular spot for the under-agers.

On Tuesday night, I got my first-hand experience of parent-teacher conferences. I actually got to sit on the OTHER SIDE of the table and tell a few parents how their kids were doing. It was disheartening at times when we had long periods of silence -- meaning that parents were actually few and rare that night. For the five hours that I sat there, I only talked to eleven sets of parents. I guess computers really isn't that important, compared to English class or math.

But before that, I had an all-day seminar on campus regarding our up-coming Praxis exam on April 16 and getting together our creditential file in case if we want to start applying for jobs this spring. Lucky for me, I've already signed up on a South Dakota teacher's database that will send me job openings that fit my field of expertise. Just today, I received nearly 10 job openings. The closest -- Arlington. New school, only 15 miles away from where I live now -- I just might have to send them an application!

Other than that, I'm just sitting around, playing some Gran Turismo 4 (I'm up to 33% complete) and going to work to make some bucks. I'm trying hard to put in more hours at work and that probably means that I'll have to work some Saturdays.

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wierd I was just talking to Alty tonite and he's applying for work up there too. I think he's applying for a social studies position.

Turkish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home