Thursday, March 03, 2005

Simply Beautiful -- Gran Turismo 4

I picked this game up last weekend in Brookings. I've been looking for this for almost a month now.

The opening scene to the game kicks ass. It's what racing is made to be.

What really impresses me is that if you have GT3 on the same memory card, you can transfer over some of your basic licenses and some cash. My old B and A licenses transferred over, along with 100,000 credits. My first vehicle -- a brand-spanking-new Dodge Ram pick-up truck ("does that thing have a HEMI?") Yes!

Since then, I probably have over 20 vehicles at my disposal. I have won most of them by completing the small blocks of races that the game presents in the different difficulty levels. My most-used vehicle? My 2002 Chevrolet Silverado SS Concept pick-up truck.

Along with my steering wheel (that I did pick up with GT3), I'm finally achieving the response that I need with the game and the wheel. With GT3, I really didn't get it. And I'm not prepared to go out and spend over $100 on the new wheel (with stick-shift) that GT4 was designed for.

There are a few surprises as well. For one, in the American vehicles stable, you can buy the ever-rare DeLorean, but you may know it as the "Back to the Future" car. I haven't picked this car up yet -- but I'm sure if I do hit 88 mph, I won't be sent "back in time."

Last night, I just picked up my International-B and -A licenses and completed another driving level on the Professional circuit. Before long, I'll be driving Daytona prototypes and rally cars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home