Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Another Slow Weekend

Slow -- meaning that I got drunk one night and the next morning I was a pile.

Deciding late on a humid Saturday afternoon, Katie and I decided to pass up the all-popular Chester street dance to drive to Minnesota for the weekend. At home, was a cabinent that my mother picked up for Katie (as a house-warming gift for our new place, as soon as we get it), but I really wanted to head back for a wedding dance for one my long time friends, "Schrupp-ie."

Although Katie and I sat around and rested for a while, we made our way to the wedding dance later on in the evening, just as things were picking up. Running into old friends like Mike, Sean, and Shane, I basically had lots of catching up to do.

Schrupp, on the other hand, was Tony just a month ago. He had the lipstick all over his tuxedo shirt, completely oblivious to his surroundings. Although I didn't see him the next day, I'm sure he didn't remember much from that night.

I got a lot of good pictures, but unfortunately, I cannot post them all on here. After the dance, Mike and his fiance Lacey and us drove to Woody's, a bar in another town close to home which surprisingly stays open until 2:00 a.m. (remember, this is Minnesota). Things were kind of a blur there, while it gave me some time to sober up a little bit. I didn't find out until Sunday that Mike, our driver, had no recollection whatsoever about how we got there, which roads we took, and how we got back home. Yeah -- that made me feel REAL good.

On Sunday, Katie and I didn't roll out of bed until 12:30 in the afternoon, after my dad was hollering that lunch was about ready. Later on that afternoon, we headed into town for the annual co-ed softball tournament. Robb was quitely sitting next to a large cooler of "Jungle Juice," at which he poured me a glass of the potent stuff. Not too bad, I might say!

Overall, a slow weekend in Minnesota. I'm not exactly sure when I'm going to be back around the area, probably most likely during the Threshing Show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home