Friday, July 08, 2005

The Lost Post -- A Wedding Recap

I've finally decided to summarize the whole wedding -- it's been nearly a month now -- but all-in-all, I really do not remember a whole lot.

Basically, the whole day was a breeze -- pretty surreal. Everything was great, until we hit the limo ride. That's when the alcohol started to flow.

In the early stages of the reception, and apart from Dan's embarrassing "best man" speech and the gay-ass speech I made, everything went downhill from there -- memory-wise. Everybody and their mothers were buying me drinks, then the bridesmaids decided to take me out on a run on the town.

Shot after shot. I still have no recollection of how I got back to the reception. Supposedly I sang some karaoke, took Katie's garter off with my teeth, sang "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'", and did some kind of dance. Nope -- I remember nothing. Kate wasn't too happy with me. Oh, well.

I didn't throw up at all, but I sure wish I did. The next day, I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die. Man, I felt like ass. The most memorable moment was seeing some pictures and some short videos of some of my South Dakotan friends. They had it worse than I did -- "teabags", Wilbur throwing up something fierce -- it was great.

But from what I could remember, the moment was really great and really special. I would like to thank everybody again for showing up to help celebrate the occasion, especially those who participated in the wedding itself. We've already gotten our pictures back from the outfit we got them from in Sioux Falls, and they're great.

Oh, and note to Fro -- thanks for that kick-ass "Star Wars" Target gift card. Push the button, and Darth Vader's lightsaber lights up, complete with Vader's signature breathing. To keep it within the Star Wars taste of things, I wanted to buy some more "Revenge of the Sith" action figures. Instead, Kate had a fit that I even thought of that. We got dishes among some other great things at Target.

Shit!

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That night was such a blast. You ended up singing soggy bottom boys with me and wilbur. Other than that I don't remember much else other than stuff that went on back at the hotel. That and I have acquired 20 coat hangers from somewhere :). Its too bad it takes a wedding to get everybody mad crazy. You'll just have to get a kickass place in MN and have a few parties on the weekends. As far as the star wars stuff, welcome to marriage. :) Later

Turkish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home