Saturday, July 02, 2005

Live From Rapid City

Here we are -- reporting from Rapid City.

First off, I'm a little disgusted about this blog. I reported big time about the whole wedding on June 11. For some reason, Blogger didn't save it. So for a while, I just decided to leave the blog along for a while. It's a pattern with me -- I get mad at something, I leave it alone for a little bit -- especially with videogames.

As for the present, Katie and I are enjoying a few days in Rapid City. We're planning on hitting up Mt. Rushmore on the 4th of July for the fireworks spectacle -- even though we have to plan on getting there 4 to 5 hours before the actual event, due to heavy traffic.

But wow -- what a drive. 300 and some miles just to get out here. Worth it? Well, the people are little goofy in West River, but the scenery makes up for it. Despite being tired beyond all belief, Katie and I hit up Reptile Gardens. I haven't been near Rapid City and visited the sites since the late '80's, so it was all kind of new to me. R-Gardens, in my opinion -- "rip-off."

Today, we visited Bear Country U.S.A., which was pretty cool. Bears and wolves left and right, crossing the road right in front of us. After that, Katie wanted to do a little shopping at the Rushmore Mall -- but it doesn't hold a candle to The Empire Mall in Sioux Falls. We took small little ganders to Dinosaur Park and Storybook Island, then we retired back to the hotel. For the next couple of days, we're planning on Deadwood (possibly tonight), Keystone, Sylvan Lake, and of course, Mt. Rushmore.

I'm currenly preparing myself the Pepsi 400 at Daytona to watch, while Katie returned to the mall which is only a block away.

A small report on the job -- I've picked up the job as a business/technology teacher in Minnesota. A hint: it's almost exactly halfway between where Katie and I got married and where I'm originally from. I'm signing my contract on July 11. I'll be severing my ties to South Dakota here in a couple of weeks, while Katie and I will look for a place to rent in Minnesota and hopefully we'll be all moved in sometime early August.

More to come -- hopefully I'll be more committed to the blog that I have before, just as long as it doesn't piss me off!

P.S. I'll be back home in Minnesota on July 8 for a co-ed tournament (take some good pictures) and a wedding dance. Boo-yah!

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily they're building a new mall in Rapid City more similar to ones they've built in Denver. It's called Rushmore Crossing and it looks like it is going to be pretty impressive. Check it out next time you're in the Hills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home