Thursday, July 14, 2005

There Goes The Shoulder

A few years back, I dislocated my left shoulder when I slid head-first into home plate back at Centennial Park. I caught the catcher's foot/ankle right underneath my left armpit, and due to my momentum, my shoulder pulled out to the back. Luckily, it popped right back in, although I was in pain.

I thought that it would okay since the shoulder popped back in its place -- and boy, was I wrong. Afterwards, I knew it wasn't the same. Everytime when I would move my left arm around -- especially when playing softball -- I'd hear the snaps and pops. Even when I roll over in bed -- snaps and pops.

Just this last Sunday when I was in Minnesota, I was unplugging my computer from its recharge when I placed my left hand on the wall to bend over to pull the plug. Then, schlorp.

That damn thing popped out again. And it friggin' hurt. I'm jumpin' around while my mom and Katie are laughing.

I did have a doctor take a look at it this past January, prior to my student teaching semester. She thinks that I do have some torn cartiladge in the shoulder, and most likely I will have to have surgery to prevent arthitis in the future.

Wonderful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home