Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snow Days

One of the things that I have always looked forward to when I was in elementary, junior, and senior high schools was the possibility of a snow day. Now that I am a teacher -- wouldn't you know it -- I still look forward to the snow days in which I DON'T HAVE TO WORK!

I obviously don't get paid for those days (unless I take a sick day), but we are obligated to make those days up later on. But this week, in particular, it seems like we've been getting hit-up with wave after wave of snow storms. It all started last weekend, where it got so bad that we didn't even have school on Monday. On Tuesday, a 2-hour late start. Wednesday, a full-day of classes. Now today, another 2-hour late start due to 5-6 inches of snow that started yesterday afternoon.

I cannot complain, since I do have the opportunity to sleep in a little bit. Katie, on the other hand, who attends a tech school for cosmetology, has to go to school. She kept me up with her damn hair dryer, but other than that, I did manage to get a few zzz's in during the 2-hour late start.

SIDE NOTE: I also have the "prime" opportunity to ref middle school boy's basketball games. Good Lord. I haven't even watched an organized game of basketball in so damn long, even on TV -- sheesh. I KNOW the simple rules of basketball, but I had to do some research on the goofy hand signals that the refs make when there is a foul or a violation.

This should be fairly interesting...

...at least I'm getting paid!

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup got to love the snow days. I had one on Monday and didn't have to go to work. Of course that was because almost all of Mitchell didn't have power and there were tons of broken tree limbs and downed power lines everywhere. Thats what happens when you get an inch of ice on everything. I was one of the lucky ones and had power so true to form I stayed inside all day and played Xbox.

Turkish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home