Monday, January 16, 2006

Quick Updates -- Crash Publications and Vana'diel

Crash Publications, Inc.
  • I've been devoting more time into finishing my story. I've mentioned it a few times throughout the history of TonyTimes, and it's obviously taking me quite a while to finish due to other obligations. I threw in a few more pages, around 10-15 more (remind you, it's all in 10-font size, Times New Roman), so that's quite a bit of the story. Usually I write and write until I freeze up and cannot think any more, then I tackle another part of the story. In the end, I'm going to have to find creative ways to tie all of these "parts" together, thinking of ingenious story lines to do that.
  • I've got a good, solid beginning -- which introduces the main characters involved. It introduces the main plot, but it also touches on a huge sub-plot that will become more and more part of the story towards the climax.
  • I've also discovered that I'm going to have to rewrite a lot of the first quarter of the story, just because it doesn't flow very well and the antogonists that I'm introducing just doesn't fit.
  • The second quarter of the story is the best writing I've done in quite a while. I'm not even going to give it away, but damn, this shit is good.
  • The third quarter will consist of some of the most difficult dialogue that I can come up with. Huge conflicts -- it's hopefully going to work.
  • The fourth quarter -- like the second quarter, simply MONEY. I've already got the ending, but I also want to set up another storyline for the sequel.

Vana'diel

  • Pissed off beyond belief. I'm having a fun ol' time in Qufim, then I get invited to a party. Penske has low leveled the warrior job to 33, so another group of players with their characters at Level 33 (jobs varying from White Mage, Thief, Ninja, Summoner, and Black Mage) wanted me to join and go to the Garlaige Citadel, a dungeon.
  • Right away I'm questioned why I have subjobbed my White Mage. I didn't think it was such a big deal. I was only concerned about what I should do -- whether to pull, tank, or just whale away at the enemy. We jumped on our Chocobos and headed out from Jeuno.
  • Since I've never been inside the Garlaige Citadel before, I'm completely lost -- especially when our party leader starts casting "Invisible" on everybody to avoid aggressive enemies. It was embarrassing, to say the least, as I seemed like I was a newbie.
  • After 4 fights, I was gaining 300 points in experience (with my Empress Band) -- which was HUGE. But we lost our summoner due to disconnection and our Ninja died. Then it seemed like all hell broke loose. While we were waiting for our 6th member, I was questioned why I chose White Mage for my subjob. "Why didn't you choose Paladin as your main job, since you like to heal so much..." It didn't matter how much I explained to them that I've never partied with my Warrior and I've haven't attempted the job quests for such jobs like Paladin, Ninja, Samurai, Summoner, Beastmaster, Dragoon, or Dark Knight.
  • In the end, the leader decided that I was a "burden" and I was released from the party. Why? All because of the subjob. "You're not going to get many invites with the combination you've got..." I DON'T GIVE A SHIT. YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED ME BEFORE YOU INVITED ME! I just wanted the experience -- and it was going fine until one person happened to die and the other disconnected.
  • Looking back, it must seem all geeky and worthless getting into it over some MMORPG, but being rejected over something stupid? Now you know why I prefer soloing compared to the party system. Just a lot of untolerable bitches out there. I don't know why I put up with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home