Thursday, December 22, 2005

Lost in Vana'diel

Usually one hour out of the day, I leave this place and go to a fictional "fantasy" land called Vana'diel.

It's all there in an MMORPG called "Final Fantasy XI". I may have mentioned this before in a previous post a while back. But now that I've become a more seasoned "adventurer", it's worth mentioning.

Just the basics about my character: I'm currently in the World of Cerberus (a server, there are many more). My name, or handle, is Penske (try to figure that one out). Penske is a Hume from the Republic of Bastok.

Penske is currently a Rank 3, Level 30 Warrior, with a Level 15 subjob of White Mage. Warrior is pure muscle, wielding a mighty sword, while White Mage heals and protects. Penske is soon to Level to 31 and after that, he will go back to his "Mog House" to switch his jobs around: White Mage will become the main job, while the Warrior will become the subjob. Hopefully, Penske will travel to the Valkurm Dunes to join a party, so the White Mage and gain experience and level more quickly.

What really helped me out was that a friendly fellow, an Elvaan folk by the name of "Lazydude" gave me a linkshell. I was wondering around the Dangruf Wadi, a geothermic spot in the region of Gustaberg, when he welcomed me into the then-small fraternity of the DarknessGods.

Through a linkshell, as long as it's equipped, you can communicate with other linkshell members (within that particular linkshell), no matter where you are at in Vana'diel. It's just a huge, helpful resource. Some shout-outs: Cerek, for helping me with getting my subjob; Lazydude for the linkshell; Furionstormrage for selling me stuff at hugely discounted prices; and others for their timely advice: Huzozo, Hyipee, Bumbi, Strato, Dakkondarkstar, and Archeaon. If I'm missing whoever, sorry!

But I'm digging this game. Like I said, I only play it for about an hour a night (just as long as my experience ring lasts) and I'm done.

Currently, I'm ripping the Korroloka Tunnel as new asshole, but I'm out of there after Penske reaches Level 31.

Updates later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home