Thursday, December 22, 2005

Potter, Hogwarts, and All That

I finally caved and decided to see what the big deal was about. I borrowed my Mom's Harry Potter books and started to read.

So far, there are 6 books in the series with one left to go. Basically, it's one book/one year, as the young wizard Harry Potter makes his way through the School of Hogwarts (for wizards and witches).

I just recently finished the first book in the series yesterday, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". Even had time to watch the movie, which actually adapted the book quite well.

I kicked up the second book last night, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets". I'll eventually watch the movie after I get done reading that book.

Overall, it's an easy read -- but I still haven't figured out what the fuss is all about when I see the news reports of hundreds and hundreds of people cramming book stores when the sixth book came out eariler this year. I'm sure the momentum will kick up later on, but as for right now, the books are average. Somewhat predictable, but what books aren't?

Funny story: I mentioned that I was reading the books to my 5th graders and they just blasted me. "You don't know who Draco Malfoy is?!?!"

Chill, I'm getting there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home