Monday, February 13, 2006

My Life in a Comic Strip


This Dilbert comic strip from today's papers really seems to parallel my life as a teacher. I'm not saying that I actually assign "bad projects," but with today's struggles with students who seem so lethargic and simply don't want to do anything ... maybe this is the best way to get my students to do something! Smoke them with a book upside the head (again, I do not endorse this behavior)!

It has been strange throughout the course of my life, especially the past couple of years, to see and read a comic strip such as Dilbert and see the similarities between the goings-on inside the panes of the strip and in my life. Of course, reading Dilbert is hilarious, usually in dealing with humourous situation with lazy people -- especially those at the top -- and showing the struggles of the common man in dealing with those lazy folks.

You get older, you start to see what people are really like. I guess that is why I can relate to Scott Adams' strip so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home