Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Top Ten Flicks

Today, I watched Clerks II on the big-screen. Quite funny, but not what I expected.

Some highlights:
  • Jay "posing" in the nude -- with his junk pulled back in between his legs. I did not see that one coming.
  • The argument over the Star Wars/Lord of the Rings movies.
  • The "ass-to-mouth" discussion.
  • Rosario Dawson -- man, I could have eaten her up after watching her dance on top of Mooby's (while "teaching" Dante how to dance).
  • The infamous "donkey-sex" scene.

Some lowlights:

  • Mooby's -- Kevin Smith's fictional creation of a fast-food restaurant. I'm actually sick of this.
  • The third guy, Elias. Although he is a Transformers fan, I wanted to kick his ass.
  • Too much Randal. Like it was too much Stifler when American Wedding rolled around.
  • Too little Quick Stop.

After I picked up the newest DVD of my extensive collection, V for Vendetta (a decent flick), I was struck by some inspriation from another movie, High Fidelity, known for its Top Five lists throughout the movie. But only five picks is so low considering my range of movie genres, so I took the liberty and extended it to ten.

Here you go, the official TonyTimes Top Ten Movie list (in no particular order):

  1. A Clockwork Orange
  2. The Royal Tenenbaums
  3. Good Will Hunting
  4. Star Wars: Episode V -- The Empire Strikes Back
  5. Clerks.
  6. Swingers
  7. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  8. A Life Less Ordinary
  9. Slap Shot
  10. Dead Poets Society

Honorable Mentions:

  1. Snatch.
  2. The Godfather (and Part II, for that matter)
  3. The Game
  4. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  5. Triumph of the Will (a Nazi propaganda film, but still fun to look at)
  6. Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home