Monday, September 10, 2007

Win Some, Lose Some

*sigh*

Michigan loses once again, to the Ducks of Oregon. Two straight losses at The Big House. Next Saturday, it's the equally-woeful Irish of Notre Dame. If the Wolverines decide not to play defense and lose three straight at Michigan Stadium, I'm thinking there's a coaching change in the near-future.

But how about those Vikings?! The defense is as stingy as I've ever seen it, probably since the glory days in the late-1980's when stars like Keith Millard, Scott Studwell, and Joey Browner reigned-supreme on defense. Obviously, the offense needs work with the inexperienced Tavaris Jackson at quarterback, but wow ... that catch and run from Adrian Peterson in the 4th Quarter ... that was the first time in years that I actually went nuts in front of a television.

In the World of Fantasy Football, hindsight is killing me in the MN Fantasy League ... it's all about the I should haves ... but that's what makes it so good. I fell in Week 1 to a divisional opponent and that hurts, but there's 14 more weeks to go until playoffs.

In the SD Fantasy League, I'm pulling away with a huge victory, thanks in part to guys like Tom Brady and Marvin Harrison. Overall, I'm going to have to make a few minor changes to my rosters in Week 2 in order for my teams to pull off some huge points.

But I have to give it up to Sean for finding such a great fantasy site at fleaflicker.com ... I love the coach's ratings (all depending on who you start and how many points they score) and who doesn't love the divisional set-up that we have. I introduced the all-new AKE Polls, putting a new college twist on the league and seeing who's ranked how and where, using a secret formula that I'm currently tweaking.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is all fine and dandy, but what, no love for the party??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home