Monday, August 27, 2007

MN Fantasy Football Draft Results

Last Thursday, I participated in yet another Fantasy Football draft with all my Minnesota friends. Again, we still got 12 players in the league, but the main change this year is the web site that we are using to help us tally up the points and so forth. Last year, we used ESPN.com, but now we are using a site called FleaFlicker.com which is strictly used for fantasy football.

Same rules apply, maybe a couple of points changes, but nothing too spectacular. Again, the 12 teams are divided into three divisions (four teams each), which it makes it a little more exciting. There is a continual excitement in the air for me, as I am the defending CHAMPION from the 2006 season. I see no reason why my team this year can take me deep into the the playoffs, but I'm still hoping that there's that one "dark horse" that I can pick up to carry me to the championship game.

My success in the past years:
  • 2005 South Dakota Fantasy Football League Champion (12 teams)
  • 2006 South Dakota Fantasy Football League Runner-Up (12 teams)
  • 2006 Minnesota Fantasy Football League Champion (12 teams)

This year's draft ... here's the results for the MN League.

  1. Brian Westbrook, RB
  2. Drew Brees, QB
  3. Torry Holt, WR
  4. Vince Young, QB
  5. DeAngelo Williams, RB
  6. Jake Delhomme, QB
  7. Chris Chambers, WR
  8. Kellen Winslow, TE
  9. LenDale White, RB
  10. Santonio Holmes, WR
  11. Jacksonville, Defense
  12. Chris Cooley, TE
  13. DJ Hackett, WR
  14. Michael Turner, RB
  15. Rian Lindell, K

This year, instead of starting 10 players, we are only starting 8:

  • 1 QB
  • 2 RB
  • 3 WR/TE
  • 1 K
  • 1 Defense
  • 7 Bench players

I feel pretty good about my team, but obviously I have holes in my line-up that could be easily filled as the season progresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home