Monday, August 16, 2004

Weekend Wrap-Up

It was slow moving out of bed on Sunday morning. I really didn't feel the ill effects from the alcohol, just the fact that I was tired and I was lacking the much needed sleep. I managed to roll out at about 9:30 a.m., my parents were off to church and I decided to get ready for the softball game at 11:00.

Woody's Bar was taking on the Hanley Falls Farmer's Elevator Feed Team in the consolation bracket, meaning one more loss and the loser was going home for the weekend. The Woody's team struggled throughout the day, mainly on hitting pop flys into an incoming wind from left field. Meanwhile, the Feed Team were consistent on the base hits, putting together small rallys and managed to get some runs across. When all was said and done, Woody's lost, 12-6, ending their hopes of playing again. Bitter disappointment was visibly there throughout the team, knowing that they could have beaten them.

But I have to give out a "Spur of the Moment" Award to Mike and Sean, which occurred right after the game. Sean just got back getting some hamburgers at the food stand and Mike thought of the idea of picking up the new Athens Summer Games 2004 game on the PS2.

"Okay, let's go." Sean said, with a laugh.

"Alright!" Mike got up from his chair.

"Wait, let me finish eating my burger first!" Sean replied.

I decided to head home and take a short nap and watched the race at Watkins Glen, which was another story.

After the race ended, I drove back into town and stopped by Mike's place where Sean and Mike were totally into their Olympics. It looks pretty fun, but yet it is another game where a person has to continue to smash buttons, like the 'X' and the 'O' button back and forth really fast-like, which can be tiring. I tried my hand at it, and I'll be the first to admit that I suck -- when it comes to that button-mashing crap. Swimming is extremely difficult. I'm good for the first 50 meters or so, then I just die.

I didn't get to see ESPN 2K5 for myself -- I just think Mike was too afraid to show it to me, because he knows that Madden is far superior.

I also hit a pretty good rainstorm when I was in South Dakota. It rained hard when I drove through Ivanhoe, then it was pretty much on and off, then I drove by Nunda, a small town which is about 5 miles from where I live. Then, it was a monsoon. I couldn't even see the road and I know for a fact I was hydroplaning there for a little bit. I had to slow down to about 20 mph just so I could see the road, but still that was a struggle. But I made it home safe and sound, and then I popped in a little Madden 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home