Sunday, August 15, 2004

NCAA Football 2005 -- Movin' On

After Michigan defeated Florida State for my second National Championship in two years, I came to the decision to move on in my college career to a new team. Here were my offers: Miami, Florida State, and Missouri.

I chose Missouri. I had the feeling that most of my best players at Michigan were going to the pro draft (or graduating) and I was right. Shawn Crable left early, and Pierre Rembert graduated. Missouri was going to be a tough task, although they were ranked in the Top 10 in both polls.

With Missouri during the off-season, I ended up having the best Recruiting Class in the nation, mostly picking up defensive players, specifically linebackers. I also ended up cutting a few "sucky" guys, players rated in the 50's or low 60's, players I really didn't need or really didn't fit into my grand scheme of things.

My first game was against the 16th ranked Virginia, which I won. The offense struggled (5 total turnovers) but the defense was dominant. I really don't have an outstanding player that can lead the team, but it's early. Looking down the schedule I see a tough schedule of Big 12 teams, like Oklahoma, Texas, and Nebraska. Nothing I should worry about, Missouri can take 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home