Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Madden Update

I've finally polished off my last two games in the pre-season, defeating the 49ers big time: 56-3, and taking down the Seattle Seahawks, a more difficult matchup, 42-21.

Through the Position Battles, Moe Williams took over the starting spot from Michael Bennett, while Kevin Williams, who had a huge game against Seattle, took over the #1 defensive tackle spot from Chris Hovan.

After I moved into the Regular Season, that's where I have the options of opening up the Owner's Box and set prices on everything and making sure everybody's happy. Well, I've been already getting e-mails through my PDA from Bennett saying that he's not very happy that he's the back-up running back. Well, Mr. Bennett, your dream might come true!

After playing Week 1 in the Regular Season against the lowly Cowboys (I won 54-7), I'm still having problems with my running game. Moe Williams rushed 13 times for 20 yards but managed to score a touchdown. When Moe was hurt for a couple of plays, Bennett stepped in and caught a pass for 27 yards that put the Vikings within the 5 yard line, then rushed it in on the very next play. Bennett will probably get the nod to start vs. the Eagles in Week 2.

As for the passing game, too easy -- especially with Randy Moss. Moss caught 6 passes for 167 yards. Marcus Robinson had a huge game, including new tight end Wiggins. The defense was stellar, creating fumbles and picking interceptions -- Brian Russell had two on the day vs. the Cowboys.

As far as the owner's point of view goes, I was pretty upset. Minnesota had great support for the Vikings, but the fans only filled 63% of the stadium. The upper deck was only half full, which kind of pissed me off. As long as I continue to win, I don't think I should have a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home