Monday, August 16, 2004

An Expensive Piece of Equipment

When I was driving back to Minnesota this past weekend, I was in need for scanner to take with me on my trip to Michigan later this week. I wanted something cheap, but reliable, and Radio Shack was my destination. According to their website, they had what I wanted at the store in Marshall, but when I got there, they didn't have squat except for the headphones that I wanted.

Instead, on Sunday I just went on-line and bought it. The total came to be around $280, and that includes a $45 shipping fee for Next Day Air delivery (I'm leaving early Thursday morning). The headphones themselves cost $70, scanner $150, so it all adds up.

It had better be worth it, but from what I've heard, it is a lot of fun to listen in on all the banter between drivers and crew chiefs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home