Thursday, August 12, 2004

Michigan vs. Ohio State -- #1 vs. #2

This biggest game of the year has come down to this. Michigan, ranked #1 in the both polls, will take on conference rival Ohio State, #2 in both polls.

Already, the game is setting it up for a huge National Championship showdown, but Michigan - Ohio State isn't going to happen. This is for all the marbles - The Big Ten Championship and the chance to play in the National Championship game at the Fiesta Bowl.

The game is at Ohio Stadium (aka "The Horseshoe"), but I don't think I'll have a problem with the Buckeyes. Michigan is simply rolling! Shawn Crable is over 30+ sacks on the season and is the leading contender for the Heisman, Bednarik, and Best LB trophies at the end of the year. Pierre Rembert is finally picking is up, although he sits second for the Heisman, but is the leading candidate for the Maxwell and Walker Trophies (offensive player and best running back, respectively). Michigan has only given up 14 points all year and is only giving up 42 yards a game, so I'm thinking that I will win this game pretty easily.

Although it is unprecedented, I still have one more game on my regular season schedule AFTER Ohio State, and that is Temple. They won't be much ... just to pad the stats and for my run for some more hardware at the end of the season.

Also, the rumors are floating again that I will be leaving at the end of the season, and this time, it might be true. It all depends on the offers from certain teams. Michigan is just getting too easy, and I have a feeling that Rembert, Crable, and the rest of my dominant offensive line will want to go pro. We'll just have to wait and see after I play for my second National Championship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home