Thursday, September 23, 2004

Fantasy Football Update -- First Win

"Nine Years," the name of my team (an homage to how many years it'll take to get me through college), won its first game during Week 2. I chalked up 159.94 points, compared to my opponent's 131.56. My opponent acutally had a 15-point lead going into Monday Night, but unfortunately for him, I was starting Randy Moss, Ontarrio Smith, and Antoine Winfield.

My point total for Week 2 was the second highest in the league (out of 12 teams), so I must be doing something right.

Total points through Week 2 -- I have 301.74, the fourth highest in the league, but I'm am currently sitting in 5th place with the 1-1 record. Next week for Week 3, my opponent is in dead-last, with a total of 228.84 points. Be wary -- he had a solid point total for Week 1 (146.58), but really took a hit in Week 2, when he only chalked up 82.28 points.

As far as big moves go, I really haven't made any since the Week 2 match-ups. New England has a bye week, so 3 of my starters are sitting on the bench (QB Tom Brady, WR David Givens, and TE Daniel Graham), so in place, I'm playing Kyle Boller as my QB, Peter Warrick is going in at WR, and I'm taking a risk -- I'm not going to play a TE this week. I'm pretty confident that the rest of my guys will make up some points and due to the weak play of my opponent, I should get the win in Week 3.

So far, a huge disappointment in one of my running backs, T.J. Duckett. Warrick Dunn has been getting most the carries in Atlanta, but now that Dunn is pulling up lame, Duckett will get a majority of the carries. I'm hoping that Week 3 will be good to him. Also, in Week 4, the Vikings will have a bye week, taking out Moss, Smith, Bennett (on the bench) and Winfield. I will most likely drop Smith and Winfield, since Bennett will be good to go after the bye week to start against the Houston Texans in Week 5.

One big move, I guess, is that I dropped the Kansas City defense (no, shit!) and picked up Detroit. They have the most points so far on defense, but they are playing the Eagles on Sunday -- it's a risk, but I'm going for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home