Tuesday, September 07, 2004

STUDS Racing, Inc.

With NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup taking up the most time in my PS2 lately, STUDS Racing, Inc. is in full effect.

At the start of the game, you are challenged to race Ryan Newman in a couple of Dodge Vipers. I beat him, in turn he offered me a contract to drive one of his Modified cars. Cool deal!

My first season was a struggle, since I didn't have the best equipment for my car. I finished with no wins, 2 Top 5's and 8 Top 10's out of 16 events. Also at the end of my season, I was offered a test session at Indianapolis Raceway Park in a Craftsman Truck, in which I got the offer to drive in three races at the end of the season.

During my Second Season, I was given better equipment for my Modified and it shows, with 4 wins so far. I also got a full-ride in the Craftsman Truck Series, so I've been dabbling in that (although not so well). In the Modified Series, I had a commanding 98 point lead, but in my last couple of starts, I finished 21st and 22nd (out of 22 cars), due to spin outs and the such. I'm now like 90 points back and in 3rd in the points, but I'll be returning to the tracks in which I've had success before in the beginning of the season. Truck Series, well, I've managed to get a couple of Top 10 finishes, but with a poor handling truck -- I'm usually beating and banging on other guys. Then they get all pissed off, picking fights with me at the end of races and my agent is getting phone calls asking me whether I should "ignore" or say "I'm sorry" to the guy I pissed off.

I also got a Busch Grand National test session at IRP, but I wasn't fast enough. Crap.

The Third Season comes with a little optimism for STUDS Racing, Inc., because I'm thinking that I'm going to buy a Modified team, perform all the ownership responsibilities (signing sponsors, training pit crews, hiring drivers, etc.) and drive full-time in the Truck Series. I'm not sure how it all works, but I do have enough money to buy a Modified Team, so I'll probably do it and put it under the STUDS Racing, Inc. banner.

More on this as it develops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home