Tuesday, October 12, 2004

ALCS -- Red Sox vs. Yankees

Before I get into the ALCS, let me comment on Game 4 of the ALDS between the Twins and the Yankees.

You're up 5-1, going into the 8th inning. The Twins had Grant Balfour on the mound during the 6th and 7th innings, shutting them down -- retired the six batters he had faced.

8th inning -- let's bring in the set-up man, Juan Rincon. Before you know it, it's tied 5-5 after Ruben Sierra's 3-run home run to tie the game.

Seriously, what the hell happened? Why ditch Balfour and put in Rincon?

Eh...

As far as the ALCS -- as I'm writing this, the Yankees are up 6-0. Crap.

I want the Red Sox to win and move on to the World Series, just because I'm sick of tired of this whole Yankee Dynasty that people are talking about. Sure, they've been tough since '96, but let's have another team get a shot. The Red Sox suffered last year, but it's their year this time.

But ... I'm not going to contradict myself. The Red Sox will make it to the World Series, only to lose! I'm picking the Cards over the Astros in the NLCS, and the Cards will move on to beat the BoSox in the Series. The Curse of the Bambino will come alive once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home